The triumphant, controversial life of the Aztec woman Malinali is one of the great and enduring legends of Mexico. A high-born Mexica heiress, she was sold into slavery as a child, and it was as a slave of the Maya that she met the Spanish conquistador Hernán Cortés. To her, and many of the Mexica, Cortés, with his ?owing beard and pale skin, was Feathered Serpent, the god whose return to earth foretold the end of Montezuma’s fabled empire. The daughter of a prophet, Malinali knew her fate lay with Feathered Serpent and his invaders. To this day she is reviled as a traitor by Mexico’s native people, but is also honored as a heroine and symbolic mother of a mixed-race nation. This is her story—and the story of the Spanish conquest of Mexico, which for better or worse changed the Americas forever. In Feathered Serpent, Colin Falconer brings the Aztec empire to life in blazing color and gives voice to the incomparable Malinali, who transcended her role as Cortés’s translator and consort to become a fiery agent of history against all odds.
- Graphics and More Dragons Sleeping – Cute Fantasy Italian European Euro Style Bracelet Charm Bead – Fits Pandora, Biagi, Troll, Chamilla, Others
- Housweety 50 Silver Tone Winged Dragon Charm Pendants 21x14mm
- Small Winged Guardian Water Dragon Knight with Rhinestone Rock Crystal
- Living With Dragons: With The Korean Marines in Vietnam
- Febreze Set & Refresh – Thai Dragon Fruit .18 fl. oz. – 1 Scent Cartridge & 1 Housing Unit
FREE Dragon Game
The free Dragon Game now has its own page on this blog: