Dragon Well or Longjing is one of China’s most famous green teas. Our Dragon Well tea is sweet, smooth and well-rounded with no hint of bitterness. It has a full body, with hints of nuts and a buttery texture, with a delightfully dry finish. We are very happy to be able to provide a great version of one of the greatest teas in this price range. Dragon Well makes a truly satisfying cup of tea. Longjing originates from Hangzhou in the Zhejiang province. This tea is well known for its very distinctive shape: long and flattened, the result of specialized shaping in a hot wok. This process, known as pan-firing or pan-frying, is often used on green teas in China, contrary to the steaming that is used in Japan. Since the reign of Emperor Shunzhi in the Qing Dynasty, this tea has often been offered as a tribute to a state’s leader. It is said that the paler the brew is, the higher quality the tea is. Picked in 2016 Use about 3 grams of tea for 200 ml and brew at 80 degrees Celsius for 2 minutes. You can use this high-quality tea up to 3 times, bringing a new experience with each brewing. Slightly increase the time for each subsequent brew. Of course, as always you should adjust to your own preference.
- Dragon Well (also known as Longjing and West-Lake Dragon Well) Tea is one of Chinas ten most famous and well-loved teas.
- Our Dragon Well tea is sweet, smooth and well-rounded with no hint of bitterness. The buttery mouthfeel and subtle nutty taste make this tea perfect for relaxing on cosy evenings.
- We use only the finest leaves, picked and processed on a small artisan farm close to the Chinese city of Guangzhou.
- This particular tea was picked in April 2016, before being airmailed to us to preserve the teas subtle, sweet flavours. Tea of this quality is hard to come by in Europe, especially at such an affordable price.
- Our Dragon Well tea contains only pure tea leaves, allowing you to enjoy a traditional beverage in the way its been drunk for centuries!